Buying a home is a big deal.
The financial and emotional stakes are high – but the rewards can pay dividends for a lifetime. Plain and simple, owning a home can improve your quality of life, provide stability and give you a sense of control you just can’t get from renting. You have a place to live when you rent, but buying is something much deeper and better.
The Importance of a Buyer’s Agent
A real estate transaction is a complex process involving stacks of paperwork and a number of outside service providers and contractors. An experienced Buyer’s Agent can guide you through the process, answering your questions and serving you as your advocate.
Your agent will help you find the property that fits your needs, submit offers and counter offers, suggest a good property inspector and other professionals, and provide all sorts of relevant advice. With a Buyer’s Agent , you’ll have someone on your side, looking out for your interests every step of the way.
What I Do to help you buy the right home!
- I will help you determine how much home you can actually afford. Often, I can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods. I can also introduce you to mortgage broker/lenders and arrange to have you ‘pre-approved’, which can improve your negotiating position and enable you to achieve your home-buying objectives faster and with less stress.
- Providing client level services, I can work for you as a Buyer’s Agent, negotiating on your behalf and advocating for you with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity. Or, I can serve as a ‘Transaction’ Broker, acting as a liaison between you and the seller, assisting you, and managing the details of the transaction.
- I will help you work out a realistic idea of the home best suited to your needs – size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- I have the access to databases of all available homes in the multiple listing system (MLS), I can evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability, and I will not waste your time showing you unsuitable homes.
- I can often suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make your home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- I can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and make you aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- When it’s time to make an offer, I will research all actively listed properties in the immediate area, as well as those that have sold recently and provide a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to be used as the basis for arriving at a price that is within ‘Fair Market Value.’
- I can help familiarize you with the closing process, and I will work closely with your lender and the title company to obtain closing figures for your review in advance of closing.
- I can provide you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors and can help coordinate inspection appointments.